EYFS - Amber Class
Week beginning 6.7.2020
Every day, you can:
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
- Practise some of your spellings.
Your tasks for this week:
- The focus for the activities this week are based around dinosaurs.
- Can you read some of the books in the series ‘Harry and his Bucketful of Dinosaurs’ or watch them online? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqjOZmQnWGQ
- Watch episodes of Andy’s Dinosaur Adventures on Cbeebies.
- Can you draw a picture of different dinosaurs and label them.
- Design your own dinosaur and use different media to decorate it. What textures can you use? What colours have you used and why?
- Can you create a new name for you dinosaur you have designed?
- Dinosaurs often have long names, can you count how many letters are in the names. What is the shortest/longest names you can find?
- Use the internet together to find out what these words mean: herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, fossil, prehistoric, extinct.
- Try making a dinosaur swap smoothie https://www.buildamenu.com/blog/green-dinosaur-smoothie/
- Write a shopping list of the ingredients you need for your swamp smoothie. What other things do you need at home, add these to your shopping list too.
- If you complete the estimating activity why not challenge yourself to find out the difference between your estimate and the actual amount of toy dinosaurs in the bucket.
- We have also created a topic plan that covers all areas of our curriculum. Please complete some of these activities and remember to share all the lovely things you have been doing through Evidence Me.
Keep busy and have fun! We look forward to hearing about all the fabulous things you have done :-)
CVC words game