Year 5s Brilliant and Bamboozling Blog (Amethyst and Moonstone)
Hello lovely Year 5’s!
Firstly, well done for getting to our third topic! On here you can find all your Homework for this topic and some fun activities… Enjoy!
Our Topic is called ‘You’re Not Invited’ and we are going to explore Ancient Rome. As part of this we are going to be looking at the expansion of the Roman army, why it was so successful and how this part of history influences the present day. We will work towards our final goal, combining all of our knowledge, and making our own museum exhibition. Please see the document below for more information on our upcoming topic.
- Read every day - this can be a book from home, school or online; fiction or non-fiction. Remember to record this in your reading diary each day also!
- Use a range of techniques, including spellingframe.co.uk to help you to learn the spellings for each week.
- Practise the 7 times tables. Make sure you know them off by heart and can answer questions even if they aren't in order (e.g. 6x7, 2x7, 11x7). Don’t forget your divisions also (how many sevens are there in 28?)
- You may want to make a fact file based on a specific part of Ancient Rome! We’d love to see these. It could be a piece of writing, an artistic interpretation or a presentation made on a computer.
- Or if you are feeling creative why not make a 3D model of a Roman city, the Colosseum, or you could show a major battle happening between the Romans and the Barbarians.
Moonstone class teacher – Mr Wilkinson
Amethyst class teacher – Miss Reynolds
Other adults – Miss Young, Miss Cain, Ms. Keeling and Miss Holdsworth
PE is on a Tuesday. Please ensure that your child comes to school in full PE kit (outdoor) with all jewellery removed, in particular earrings.