Topaz class teacher - Mrs Bromhead
Ruby class teacher - Mr Nunn
LSAs -Mrs Goldstone, Mrs Thorne and Mrs Tilby
PE is on a Monday. Please ensure that your child comes to school in full PE kit (outdoor) with all jewellery removed, in particular earrings.
Due to the current circumstances, we have the classroom windows open all day. If your child is feeling cold, please send them to school with extra layers.
Welcome to Year 4's Blog - February 2021
Hello and welcome to our blog. Our Dimensions theme is 'May the force be with you' which is based on forces and magnets with a focus on science.
Please find attached our What I Should Know (WhISK) sheet; on here you will find what our learning will be focused on.
Our homework will be based on key skills and the WhISK sheet.
Practise the 6, 8 and 9 times tables. Make sure you know them off by heart and can answer questions even if they aren't in order (eg 6x9, 2x9, 11x9)
Read every day - this can be a book from home, school or online; fiction or non-fiction. Remember to record this in your reading diary.
Use the WhISK sheet to broaden your understanding of our theme - May the force be with you. You could:
• Blow through straws to create pictures that are affected by wind. Also, add water drops to paint to create watermarked effects.
• Design and make a marble run with various surfaces to test effect of friction on the marbles.
• Compose and perform a dance that demonstrates repel and attract.
• Write a list of negative and positive forces (influences) in our lives.
• Make a poster showing which qualities attract people e.g. kindness and which repel e.g. bullying?